Friday, July 29, 2011

The Way to Heart in Punjab.....



Punjabi culture is one of the most talked about culture which reflects the color and happiness in one. Being born and brought up in Punjab, I am deeply touched by the customs of Punjab. Generations ago, the turban was the “crowning glory” of all Punjabi's whether Muslim, Hindu or Sikh. Muslims and Hindus have given up their turbans, but it remains, as a faith for Sikh men whose religion forbids them to cut their hair. Turban is their pride.
The culture of Punjab, from among the cultures of the world, has its own unique fragrance. It is unmatched. A guest in Punjab is considered as a representative sent by God. Punjab’s villages are really so pious. I usually used to visit to a village in my childhood which was few kms away from my place with my father. I really got impressed from their life styles. My father took me to our driver uncle’s house which was made of mud. When we (me and my father) entered the house, immediately the ladies of the house covered their heads with their dupattas and welcomed us with their folding hands saying “jee aayian nu”. One of the ladies offered us to sit on the beds known locally as “chaar payi.” Later, my father explained me that though these people live in village but the way they treat their guests is incomparable. I remember the lines of gandhiji – India lives in her villages and it’s really true. The land of Punjab is so fertile that it is best suited for growing variety of crops.
The traditional Punjabi juttis retain their popularity with both rural and urban people; they are both elegant and comfortable. Duppatta is very important part of Punjabi girls. Punjab is a wonderful and colorful state in Northern India.  
The typical Punjabi is an extrovert, a sociable fellow who likes to eat well, dress well. Punjabi men would like to twirl their moustache and say "Chardi kala" ("on the up and up") to those who ask how he’s doing.

In below video you can see how graceful and dignified this culture is. Girls or women working with their charkhas and taking swings. It has been shown that on the eve of wedding, a JAGGO procession begins from bridegrooms home and continues throughout the village with song and dance. In vast fields of punjab, two young women are returning from the village well and sharing little joy and secrets of life. Farmers are ploughing the field. You can also enjoy the bhangra. There's no pollution and silence on village roads gives extreme relief  to the minds of people. Have a look into the souls of punjab's: 



No comments:

Post a Comment